A small tributary stream in the Chesapeake Bay
- Chanat, J.G., Moyer, D.L., Blomquist, J.D., Hyer, K.E., and Langland, M.J., 2015, Application of a Weighted Regression Model for Reporting Nutrient and Sediment Concentrations, Fluxes, and Trends in Concentration and Flux for the Chesapeake Bay Nontidal Water-Quality Monitoring Network, Results Through Water Year 2012: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2015–5133, 76 p., accessed January 14, 2015 at https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/sir20155133/.
- Cohn, T.A., 1988, Adjusted maximum likelihood estimation of the moments of lognormal populations from type I censored samples: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 88-350, 34 p.
- Cohn, T.A., Delong, L.L., Gilroy, E.J., Hirsch, R.M., and Wells D., 1989, Estimating constituent loads: Water Resources Research, 25 (5) p. 937-942.
- Cohn, T.A., Caulder, D.L., Gilroy, E.J., Zynjuk, L.D., and Summers, R.M., 1992, The validity of a simple log-linear model for estimating fluvial constituent loads: An empirical study involving nutrient loads entering Chesapeake Bay: Water Resources Research, v. 28, no. 9, p. 2353-2364.
- Gilroy, E.J., Hirsch, R.M., and Cohn, T. 1990, Mean square error of regression-based constituent transport estimates: Water Resources Research, v. 276, no. 9, p. 2069-2077.
- Helsel, D.R., and Hirsch, R.M., 2002, Statistical Methods in Water Resources: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques of Water Resources Investigations, book 4, chap. A3, 522 p.
- Hirsch, R.M., Moyer, D.L., and Archfield, S.A., 2010, Weighted Regressions on Time, Discharge, and Season (WRTDS), with an Application to Chesapeake Bay River Inputs: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, V. 46, no. 5, 5 p.
- Hirsch, R.M., 2014, Large biases in regression-based constituent flux estimates—Causes and diagnostic tools: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 50, no. 6, p. 1401–1424.
- Hirsch, R.M., and De Cicco, Laura, 2014, User guide to exploration and graphic for RivEr Trends (EGRET) and dataRetrieval—R packages for hydrologic data: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 4, chap. A10, 95 p.
- Hirsch, R.M., Archfield, S.A., and De Cicco, L.A., 2015, A bootstrap method for estimating uncertainty of water quality trends: Environmental Modelling and Software, v. 73, p. 148-166.
- Langland, M J., Lietman, L. L., Hoffman, S., 1998, Yields and trends of nutrients and total suspended solids in nontidal areas of the Chesapeake Bay basin, 1985-96: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 98-4192, 121 p.
- Langland, M.J., Phillips, S.W., Raffensperger, J.P., and Moyer, D.L., Landwehr J.M., and Schwarz, G.E., 2006, Changes in streamflow and water quality in selected nontidal sites in the Chesapeake Bay Basin, 1985-2004: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5178, 75 p.
- Langland, M.J., Blomquist, J.D., Moyer, D.L., and Hyer, K.E., 2012, Nutrient and Suspended Sediment Trends and Yields and Indicator Development of Stream Water Quality Conditions at Nontidal Sites in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, 1985-2010: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5093, 26p.
- Langland, M.J., Blomquist, J.D., Moyer, D.L., Hyer, K.E., and Chanat, J.G., 2013, Total nutrient and sediment loads, trends, yields, and nontidal water-quality indicators for selected nontidal stations, Chesapeake Bay Watershed, 1985–2011: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2013–1052, 51 p., available only at https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2013/1052/.
- Moyer, D.L., Hirsch, R.M., and Hyer, K.E., 2012, Comparison of two regression–based approaches for determining nutrient and sediment fluxes and trends in the Chesapeake Bay watershed: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5244, 118 p., URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2012/5244/.
- Phillips, S.W., ed., 2002, The U.S. Geological Survey and the Chesapeake Bay—The role of science in environmental restoration: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1220, 32 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2003, Ambient water quality criteria for dissolved oxygen, water clarity, and chlorophyll a for the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries: EPA 903-R-03-002, 231 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2004,Establishing a Chesapeake Bay nontidal watershed water-quality network, prepared by the Chesapeake Bay Program's Nontidal Water-quality Monitoring Workgroup, September 2004, 28 p. http://archive.chesapeakebay.net/pubs/subcommittee/msc/ntwqwg/Nontidal_Monitoring_Report.pdf.
- Yochum, S.E., 2000, A revised Load Estimation Procedure for the Susquehanna, Potomac, Patuxent, and Choptank Rivers: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigation Report 00-4156, 49 p.