A small tributary stream in the Chesapeake Bay
- Chanat, J.G., Moyer, D.L., Blomquist, J.D., Hyer, K.E., and Langland, M.J., 2016, Application of a Weighted Regression Model for Reporting Nutrient and Sediment Concentrations, Fluxes, and Trends in Concentration and Flux for the Chesapeake Bay Nontidal Water-Quality Monitoring Network, Results Through Water Year 2012: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2015-5133, 76 p., URL: https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/sir20155133/.
- Cohn, T.A., 1988, Adjusted maximum likelihood estimation of the moments of lognormal populations from type I censored samples: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 88-350, 34 p.
- Cohn, T.A., Delong, L.L., Gilroy, E.J., Hirsch, R.M., and Wells D., 1989, Estimating constituent loads: Water Resources Research, 25 (5) p. 937-942.
- Cohn, T.A., Caulder, D.L., Gilroy, E.J., Zynjuk, L.D., and Summers, R.M., 1992, The validity of a simple log-linear model for estimating fluvial constituent loads: An empirical study involving nutrient loads entering Chesapeake Bay: Water Resources Research, v. 28, no. 9, p. 2353-2364.
- Gilroy, E.J., Hirsch, R.M., and Cohn, T. 1990, Mean square error of regression-based constituent transport estimates: Water Resources Research, v. 276, no. 9, p. 2069-2077.
- Helsel, D.R., and Hirsch, R.M., 2002, Statistical Methods in Water Resources: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques of Water Resources Investigations, book 4, chap. A3, 522 p. URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/twri/twri4a3/.
- Hirsch, R.M., Moyer, D.L., and Archfield, S.A., 2010, Weighted Regressions on Time, Discharge, and Season (WRTDS), with an Application to Chesapeake Bay River Inputs: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, V. 46, no. 5, 5 p. URL: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1752-1688.2010.00482.x/full.
- Hirsch, R.M., 2014, Large biases in regression-based constituent flux estimates - Causes and diagnostic tools: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 50, no. 6, p. 1401-1424. URL: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jawr.12195/abstract;jsessionid=2ADBDC3C6785C47F325603D7A67A5DA6.f02t01.
- Hirsch, R.M., and De Cicco, Laura, 2014, User guide to exploration and graphic for RivEr Trends (EGRET) and dataRetrieval - R packages for hydrologic data: U.S. Geological Survey Techniques and Methods, book 4, chap. A10, 95 p. URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/tm/04/a10/.
- Hirsch, R.M., Archfield, S.A., and De Cicco, L.A., 2015, A bootstrap method for estimating uncertainty of water quality trends: Environmental Modelling and Software, v. 73, p. 148-166. URL: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364815215300220.
- Langland, M J., Lietman, L. L., Hoffman, S., 1998, Yields and trends of nutrients and total suspended solids in nontidal areas of the Chesapeake Bay basin, 1985-96: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 98-4192, 121 p. URL: https://pa.water.usgs.gov/reports/wrir_98-4192.html.
- Langland, M.J., Phillips, S.W., Raffensperger, J.P., and Moyer, D.L., Landwehr J.M., and Schwarz, G.E., 2006, Changes in streamflow and water quality in selected nontidal sites in the Chesapeake Bay Basin, 1985-2004: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5178, 75 p. URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2006/5178/.
- Langland, M.J., Blomquist, J.D., Moyer, D.L., and Hyer, K.E., 2012, Nutrient and Suspended Sediment Trends and Yields and Indicator Development of Stream Water Quality Conditions at Nontidal Sites in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, 1985-2010: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5093, 26p. URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2012/5093/.
- Langland, M.J., Blomquist, J.D., Moyer, D.L., Hyer, K.E., and Chanat, J.G., 2013, Total nutrient and sediment loads, trends, yields, and nontidal water-quality indicators for selected nontidal stations, Chesapeake Bay Watershed, 1985-2011: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2013-1052, 51 p., URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2013/1052/.
- Moyer, D.L., Hirsch, R.M., and Hyer, K.E., 2012, Comparison of two regression-based approaches for determining nutrient and sediment fluxes and trends in the Chesapeake Bay watershed: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5244, 118 p., URL: https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2012/5244/.
- Phillips, S.W., ed., 2002, The U.S. Geological Survey and the Chesapeake Bay - The role of science in environmental restoration: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1220, 32 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2003, Ambient water quality criteria for dissolved oxygen, water clarity, and chlorophyll a for the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries: EPA 903-R-03-002, 231 p.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2004,Establishing a Chesapeake Bay nontidal watershed water-quality network, prepared by the Chesapeake Bay Program's Nontidal Water-quality Monitoring Workgroup, September 2004, 28 p. http://archive.chesapeakebay.net/pubs/subcommittee/msc/ntwqwg/Nontidal_Monitoring_Report.pdf.
- Yochum, S.E., 2000, A revised Load Estimation Procedure for the Susquehanna, Potomac, Patuxent, and Choptank Rivers: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigation Report 00-4156, 49 p.
- Zhang, Q., W.P. Ball, and D.L. Moyer, 2016, Decadal-scale Export of Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Sediment from the Susquehanna River Basin, USA: Analysis and Synthesis of Temporal and Spatial Patterns, Science of the Total Environment, v. 563–564, p. 1016–1029, URL: https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/70176281.
- Zhang, Q., R.M. Hirsch, and W.P. Ball, 2016, Long-Term Changes in Sediment and Nutrient Delivery from Conowingo Dam to Chesapeake Bay: Effects of Reservoir Sedimentation, Environmental Science & Technology, 50(4): 1877-1886, URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.est.5b04073.
- Zhang, Q., D.C. Brady, W.R. Boynton, and W.P. Ball, 2015, Long-Term Trends of Nutrients and Sediment from the Nontidal Chesapeake Watershed: An Assessment of Progress by River and Season, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 51(6): 1534–1555, URL: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1752-1688.12327/abstract.
- Zhang, Q., D.C. Brady, and W.P. Ball, 2013, Long-term Seasonal Trends of Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Suspended Sediment Load from the Non-tidal Susquehanna River Basin to Chesapeake Bay, Science of the Total Environment, 452–453: 208–221, URL: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969713001757.