Welcome to the USGS web site dedicated to providing water-quality trend and load results for the nontidal rivers of the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
The objectives of the Chesapeake Bay nontidal monitoring program are to:
- Quantify sediment and nutrient loads in the nontidal rivers of the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Estimate changes over time (trends) in sediment and nutrient concentrations that are related to the implementation of Best Management Practices, or other anthropogenic factors.
The monitoring data are collected by numerous agencies through the nontidal monitoring partnership. Results are updated each water year for the network of water quality monitoring stations distributed throughout the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Methods, data, results, and interpretations are available for:
- Sediment and nutrient loads and yields
- Sediment and nutrient trends in concentration
- In-stream sediment and nutrient concentration data
- Stream discharge
CLICK HERE for the most recent summary of results